Are you the person in the family who finds themselves in charge of organising the family holiday? Perhaps you’ve found yourselves doing the same holiday year in year out and now it is time for a change?
Here are some tips for making your holiday a memorable one for all the right reasons and for all the family.
- Get the right villa – It’s all very well booking that exquisite private villa, but if it’s miles from the beach or Patong your teenage children will be disappointed. Carefully think through who you will be travelling with and what will make the villa a success.
- Big surprises – Think back to some of your happiest holidays or times and often there was a surprise involved. Perhaps during the holiday there is going to be an anniversary? Exam results to celebrate? Use your villa manager or concierge to book a surprise Thai cookery course, an evening cruise to Racha Island or book a taxi to take you into Phuket town to one of the live music venues.
- Change activities – do you always do sailing and beach holidays? Is your family always doing the same activity wherever you go? Why don’t you book up for everyone to learn something new together – scuba diving? Surfing? Water skiing? The list of things to do in Phuket goes on and on.
- Be active – the perfect way to relax and forget about the challenges of day to day life is not always to simply relax by the pool with cocktail in hand. Often the answer is to lose yourself in a completely new and all encompassing activity. Learning something new, such as scuba diving or sailing are great stress relievers.
- Have at least 1 great culinary experience during the holiday – food is of course a great pleasure for people of all ages. Your concierge will be able to recommend the best places to eat in Phuket. Phuket food is wonderful and many restaurants have spectacular views. When you are staying in a villa with access to your own personal chef it is tempting to avoid all cooking, but imagine the fun you could have choosing your own produce and cooking all together in your luxury villa?
Phuket has much to offer throughout the dry and the rainy season. Your concierge will have lots of ideas of how to make the most of your holiday. All you need to do is ask and be prepared for some new experiences.